Re: [ thejdm.com Junk Drawer ]

Sean @ NDF wrote:killed a spam bot and deleted his post...I MODERATED! why this place so dead :(
Well done, no other mod has had to do that yet. :thumbup:

It's the age of the site, everyone seems to be around the same point of building up their homes. Thankfully most members, .saint as an example with Goldie, have held onto their cars and just put them on hold while we build up the rest of our lives around them.

If members were to start posting their home projects, ala "garagejournal", I'm sure there would be a lot of interest. I especially would like to see what the concrete professionals do with their own homes, I love to see homes combining poured concrete with wood.

I myself am in a pretty common transition period between early marriage and purchasing our first home. While it used to be easy to spend a few thousand on parts in the past, it's difficult to ignore the money I'd save with a larger down-payment.

77 wrote:
Sean @ NDF wrote:killed a spam bot and deleted his post...I MODERATED! why this place so dead :(
Well done, no other mod has had to do that yet. :thumbup:

It's the age of the site, everyone seems to be around the same point of building up their homes. Thankfully most members, .saint as an example with Goldie, have held onto their cars and just put them on hold while we build up the rest of our lives around them.

If members were to start posting their home projects, ala "garagejournal", I'm sure there would be a lot of interest. I especially would like to see what the concrete professionals do with their own homes, I love to see homes combining poured concrete with wood.

I myself am in a pretty common transition period between early marriage and purchasing our first home. While it used to be easy to spend a few thousand on parts in the past, it's difficult to ignore the money I'd save with a larger down-payment.
I can post alot of concrete pictures for you. I'm a product manager for insulated concrete forms. So if you are doing anything with a new home and ICFs, feel free to throw questions at me.

I also just completed my paperwork for my own business. I'm doing polished concrete for countertops, furniture, floors, etc. (right now working on polished concrete windowsills for my house)
Built Motorsportswear - Function/Form Autolife - ICB Motorsports
Go Autoworks
- K-Tuned - My friends

I've worked with a few people on subgrade homes. Currently waiting for engineering to be done on a badass one in the area. the guy is using geothermal heat. The house is all subgrade with an earthen roof, but it's in a hillside so one side is exposed. The exposed side has an indoor pool with glass all around. He's using the pool as a means of humidity and heat. I'll post pics when construction starts.

I'll organize some pictures of stamped and polished concrete I've done. I have a few on my facebook.

Return to “randomness”