b20 swap

I got 2 questions im thinking about a b20 swap in my ek now that my b16 is junk. The b20 is it a direct plug in swap and do i have to swap the intake manifold.
James Goodyear
thejdm.com / 802 Squad

i think so i don't think the b20 manifold will clear...almost positive....i am hoping to do the same soon

I'm pretty sure it won't fit either, it sticks up very high. But you should swap it out for something better anyways, even a B18b manifold will be better.

sorry guys but I don't know much about th b20's how much HP do they have stock and are the other b series better or worse both my civics are b16 and d16y8 both are ek's and I thought about putting the b20 in instead of the d16y8

Re:

Jams_ek wrote:sorry guys but I don't know much about th b20's how much HP do they have stock and are the other b series better or worse both my civics are b16 and d16y8 both are ek's and I thought about putting the b20 in instead of the d16y8
It depends what you want to do with it, there are advantages and disadvantages to consider

adv-

*torque/displacement
*lighter block than B18
*cheap
*plentiful

dis-

*weak bottom end (6mm cylinder walls vs. 9mm, which is why the B20 is lighter, and also why the upper cylinders like to crack in boosted/CRVTEC applications)
*classified as a truck engine in most states, can cause you to fail vehicle inspection if they care to check
*swapping IM to clear hood

Return to “ek”