jawn, here is my take. if you want that exhaust, run it for as long as you can. If you get pulled over and harrased just say the last part fell off, take the ticket, go home, put just the muffler part of another exhaust on the car and fix it so it looks like it works. then just take it off/on. I have YET to get pulled over for my exhaust on my RSX, and you know its probably 110dB or so. *crosses fingers*. I doubt you would get in trouble, honestly.
06' RSX-S Turbo | PTE SC6162S 417whp!

im not worried about the cops cause there IS a muffler/resonator on the car. i dont think they would hassle me if they saw it.

.saint, the honda EK parts jdMuseum.
i hope i grow to be half the man my grand father is.
poop.hell sideways.brigade
http://www.frightmarestudios.com

.saint wrote:im not worried about the cops cause there IS a muffler/resonator on the car. i dont think they would hassle me if they saw it.

well they might since it looks like it doesn't have a muffler on it, and I think that's part of inspection code, mainly because they don't want exhaust gases coming into the vehicle.

buddy of mine who works @ a garage said that the muffler needs to be sticking out the back of the car so many inches. but what about stacks or side pipes? they blow out the side and shit. so im not worried about it.

i was told by some people that as long as the pipe goes backl past the driver/pass cabin it should be fine. we will see.

Return to “performance tech”