awards/achievements/trophies/badges

i been on the hunt for a feature for the site for quite some time now that works kind of like the ps3 trophies, xbox achievements, foursquare & untapped badges.

basically i want to incorporate a modification to the site that will reward you with a badge (kind of similar to the system i have now in the UCP but more elaborate)

for example there would be a "i REALLY love this place" badge that you would unlock for having 5000 posts. a "you might as well bury me with the site" badge that would unlock for being an active member for 4+ years. an "elite referrer" badge that would unlock after you have referred 5 members to the site, whom have posted 5+ posts each. each badge would have a unique little image and as i build the badge system more and more will be added over time.

anything from post counts to having 5+ trophies in the arcade, possibilities are endless when it comes to something like this its just a way to make the forum more active. there is a ton of features that i spent sleepless nights working on over the years.

just a thought, anyone for or against this? discuss.

.saint, the honda EK parts jdMuseum.
i hope i grow to be half the man my grand father is.
poop.hell sideways.brigade
http://www.frightmarestudios.com

Re: awards/achievements/trophies/badges

I think it's a great idea. Gives incentive to log in and return.

I'm as guilty as anyone for not posting more content, but maybe a badge for new threads created/most images posted/etc. Just something to boost content.
Built Motorsportswear - Function/Form Autolife - ICB Motorsports
Go Autoworks
- K-Tuned - My friends

so today i had some free time at work and i was thinking up some badges. some of the names could use a little work. but seems like a few of these would get people posting.

badge - how to get it.

jpuff - $50 total site donation (this is a total donation. can be had over time, this will also come with forum extra's in time as well as a special rank)
contributor - $10 total site donation (same as the jpuff. will also come with a few extras and a special rank)
i love this place! - 5,000 posts
i REALLY love this place 10,000 posts
elite referrer - refer 5 members to the site, whom post a minimum of 5 posts. (there is going to be a new referral mod coming to the site soon)
photo junky - 5+ uploads to theGallery
might as well bury me with this place! - 3+ years active forum member
happy birthday! - made a forum post on your birthday
extinguish me - 10+ "hot" forum topics started
arcade gold - earned a gold trophy in the arcade
arcade master - 6+ gold trophies in the arcade
all show - 15+ interior/exterior modifications added in theGarage
all go - 8+ engine modifications added in theGarage
running smooth - posted your dyno results in theGarage
beast - 350+ hp on your dyno results in theGarage
checkered flag - posted a track/lap time in theGarage
to the top - bumped a topic 5+ times
honest abe - rated 5+ cars in the garage
regular - 5+ consecutive days making a forum post
full potential - 1 photo uploaded in theGallery, 1 car in theGarage, 1 trophy from theArcade, 25+ posts & 5 topics started
get back to work! - made a post monday - friday between 9am - 5pm
insomnia - made a post between 2am - 5am
must has the jardum - 20+ consecutive days making a forum post

if you guys can think of any more or have different names for any of the ones mentioned above post er up. also if i can get this badge's mod put together each one of these will need a "icon" of the sort made up.

i like it.
I drive a Honda シビック クーペ

"We're supposed to be expressing are own artistic talent and vision through our cars, not everybody else's. Use yours to show the rest of the world who you are... i dare you." - Dru Barrios of Honda Tuning Magazine

Return to “thejdm”