sorry guys, i am on buschur side for the most part...

it seems that the turn out for your "build it yourself" guys anymore at race events is getting slimmer and slimmer, so therefore event coordinators have been teching kinda lightly for some classes just to fill them. lets face it, if they didn't..the heats would be a lot shorter, and the races would only last from 10-1...and we'd all be packing up and going home.

I use to really enjoy going to races at Maple Grove Raceway, Budds Creek, ATCO, Englishtown....4-7 years ago when the wrenchers were racing (ed burgenholtz, rado in his integra etc.) . But ever since all the hype of big corporate sponsored cars came in...i've started to lose my interest some. I am sure some of the guys on this forum can agree with me... or atleast i hope so.

oh well, just my 2cents...
the new and slightly improved...don't piss me off, and i won't f#*k with you!!! *gggrrrr*

kotomile wrote:Tech's fault. If a CAGE slips by you and your JOB is teching cars, uhhh... :roll:

Hell when I tech for a freaking AUTOX I'm hopping in and out of the car, brake pedal, battery, helmet spec, etc. are all checked. Morons.

I think personally import dragging has reached a plateau. There used to be something to get excited about ("Papadakis just ran a 10! A 9! An 8!" remember that?) but now... the fastest FWD, last I checked, was an APC-sponsored Saturn driven by a girl. :rofl:
That would be Lisa Kubo you're talking about....

And that car is not a really much to laugh at, Saturn or not...It's running in the Mid 7sec range. I don't think there are too many apc products on that car.

Not to mention the girl can fucking drive :wink:

I don't really care what the guys last name is, RULES IS RULES. If you can't follow them, you shouldn't be angry if someone is going to call you out. In fact, It's his own fault that his car got beat before it had a chance to lose on the track....Now THAT'S stupid.

i think that some of you are missing the fact that he stated most of the cars in his class wouldnt truely pass teching if you actually tech'd them properly.... but he didn't go whining to officials. it's just another case of a sore loser (people running slower times than him)

tommybanzai wrote:i think that some of you are missing the fact that he stated most of the cars in his class wouldnt truely pass teching if you actually tech'd them properly.... but he didn't go whining to officials. it's just another case of a sore loser (people running slower times than him)
Holy shit, someone else read and comprehended the important details! Good work.

:wink: Fuckin' drag racing is only defendable to me when I keep in mind that some people don't want to push their cars around corners. Haha, atleast this isn't a debate about show car rules. I'd fuckin' puke.
ICarFriends!
.saint wrote:77 knows all. he is so wise.

I'm on both sides of this situation I can exactly see where buscher is coming from to a point I'm in the same situation as him.

I choose not to put the safety equipment in my car for the reason that it is a street car that i enjoy driving around and going places in drag racing is not my main priority. So when you go to an event that you know the rules they are posted on nopis site stating the rules I know I read them when I went to Norwalk last year and i had to buy a scattershield in order to pass tech there.

Now I also feel that it should be in the hands of the techs to makes sure the cars are safe. If you pass tech thats it you should be able to race and get whatever prize is in order for the rankings. If you dont pass tech you dont race this will lead to less racers but its garbage that the event will take your money then boot you for your car being illegal but, in same right if you are going 10's you know what the rules are and should be prepared. You can argue all day long for both sides.

This is why I really cant stand the import drag race scene anymore besides the fact that PRP is a bunch of rednecks that don't respect the fast imports arond the area and just take all the money from us but never gives the respect deserved or decent payouts but this is a totally different topic.
Race car: 95 EX w/fully built 2.0 TypeR w/GT30R turbine
1.870 60ft 11.756@124.11mph- 225/50 R15 BFG drag radials, full interior.
513.61whp 425.98ft/lbs @ 26psi VP112
tunerzine article: http://tunerzine.com/view_article/car_feature/turbokoop

salt warrior-89 toyota SR5 extended cab pick up 324,XXX & still running strong

builtmotorsportswear.com
jdmland.com

Local track is one thing. Alot of people are let go for the night just as long as they make an effort to get the safety up to par.

This was a national event.
Built Motorsportswear - Function/Form Autolife - ICB Motorsports
Go Autoworks
- K-Tuned - My friends

vtecdood wrote:I'm on both sides of this situation I can exactly see where buscher is coming from to a point I'm in the same situation as him.

I choose not to put the safety equipment in my car for the reason that it is a street car that i enjoy driving around and going places in drag racing is not my main priority. So when you go to an event that you know the rules they are posted on nopis site stating the rules I know I read them when I went to Norwalk last year and i had to buy a scattershield in order to pass tech there.

Now I also feel that it should be in the hands of the techs to makes sure the cars are safe. If you pass tech thats it you should be able to race and get whatever prize is in order for the rankings. If you dont pass tech you dont race this will lead to less racers but its garbage that the event will take your money then boot you for your car being illegal but, in same right if you are going 10's you know what the rules are and should be prepared. You can argue all day long for both sides.

This is why I really cant stand the import drag race scene anymore besides the fact that PRP is a bunch of rednecks that don't respect the fast imports arond the area and just take all the money from us but never gives the respect deserved or decent payouts but this is a totally different topic.
Amen.

problem_si wrote:
haha I know I know, she's good, just pointing it out that the way I described it it sounds like the most rice car ever conceived and in reality it's very fast.

kotomile wrote:
problem_si wrote:
haha I know I know, she's good, just pointing it out that the way I described it it sounds like the most rice car ever conceived and in reality it's very fast.
I saw her run her Civic about 5 years ago at englishtown...something like 8.58 @ 162mph. Set some sort of track record....Fucking amazing.

For fucks sake...they run snowmobiles at the track that run 9's ....you can make damn near anything fast if you put the work into it.

I really don't understand why this is a debate at all. To be honest, Buchur doesn't sound very professional at all in this "rant". I agree with the tech being shitty is a big concern, but that stil DOES NOT EXCUSE HIM FROM THE RULES.

If you are speeding 100 mph down the road, racing another car...and a cop chooses to pull you over and let the other guy go. What would be your argument??? "YEA OFFICER, BUT HE WAS DOING IT TOO!".....Yea, I don't think thats gonna fly. Point is, he broke the rules, got caught...and now he's all pissed that others are getting away with it.

Follow the rules, or be prepared to accept the consequences. That's the bottom line.

^ yep.

And in all racing, you'll find the faster you are the more your car is put under the microscope, so you'd better be up to snuff or someone WILL call you on it. Conversely, if you're the slowest of the day you can be assured no one cares whether you are cheating or not..

Return to “street. track. strip. drift.”