Winter Storage.

Hey guys. this spring i bought an s2000 and there is no way in hell i'm driving my two seated baby out in this horrendous pennsylvania snow. I'v decided to store Ms. Annabel in the garage for the winter but i know NOTHING about storing cars. Basically what i'm looking for are some tips/strategies to store the S and keep her running well in the spring. Any suggestions are welcome!

Re: Winter Storage.

change your oil, change your coolant, a high coolant to water ratio so it doesn't freeze, as little gas as possible in the car (empty would be better), anything you can think of to deter animals, bugs, mice, etc from trying to make your car, or more popular your engine harness, their home

1993 RHD Impreza : Brembo : Zeal : Whiteline : Prodrive : Enkie : Cusco'd out

Keep it off the ground if you can too, or you might get flat spots on your tires. Get a bag of that Damprid stuff (Calcium Chloride) from the local hardware store (Lowes or Home Depot), to keep moisture out of it; especially since your car has a removable top. A car cover would be nice too, to keep dust off of the car, and for minor protection against other stuff that might touch it.
Last edited by CivicSpoon on December 30, 2009, edited 1 time in total.

battery tender, FULL tank of gas.

empty tank of gas will allow for condensation, which can as we all know can cause dilluted gas.

gas grade is so much better now that the 4 months or so of it sitting will not matter. throw a lil
stabil in it if ur worried.

i store my s13 and dont do anyof this and never have a problem haha..

SS

Your 240 hasn't ran for like 4 years and never will. That doesn't really count as storage. I don't believe the BS rumors about "fuel is so much better, bla bla" fuck that. As little fuel as possible so you can either siphon the shit out, drain it, or run the car as little as possible before putting fresh fuel in it.

just have your rents start the car every friday. simple as that.
keeps the bat and everything fresh. run it for 15 mins. hook a pipe to the exhaust or something and run it out the door or something.

tenchu wrote:Your 240 hasn't ran for like 4 years and never will. That doesn't really count as storage. I don't believe the BS rumors about "fuel is so much better, bla bla" fuck that. As little fuel as possible so you can either siphon the shit out, drain it, or run the car as little as possible before putting fresh fuel in it.

you know nothing. shut the fuck up. go do us all a favor and drive that eyesore you call a Subaru off a cliff.
Last edited by Secret Squirrel on January 01, 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “car care”