Need Opinions, 96-8 oem rear lip or 99-00 rear bumper with mugen rear valences?

ok so i just picked up an og oem 96-8 civic coupe rear lip and "tried it on" not too sure if i'm into it as much as i should be...here are some pics of it on the whip...
now try to visualize the car in championship white...including the side moldings and side skirts. i'll also have the CTR lip up front. i just threw on the sir lip because it looks sexy with the black skirts and moldings...

so, sell the lip and pick up a 99-00 rear bumper and a set of mugen rear valences....most likely knock offs...or keep the og lip and get everything painted...or both

I think why it looks weird is the front lip isnt as low. I would just go with it and try getting a more pronounced front lip maybe? It should look ok when its all painted
Race car: 95 EX w/fully built 2.0 TypeR w/GT30R turbine
1.870 60ft 11.756@124.11mph- 225/50 R15 BFG drag radials, full interior.
513.61whp 425.98ft/lbs @ 26psi VP112
tunerzine article: http://tunerzine.com/view_article/car_feature/turbokoop

salt warrior-89 toyota SR5 extended cab pick up 324,XXX & still running strong

builtmotorsportswear.com
jdmland.com

kids on club civic are going gaga over that rear lip. some said they are paying $600 for that rear lip!

if u paid less then $600 i would try sellin that bitch for bank! if noone bites u can always run it. ;)

its a pretty aggressive rear lip. certain colors it looks dumb from a straight on rear shot and sometimes not. the side valancers are always fresh though :thumbup: would be bad ass if u could source a legit set.

.saint, the honda EK parts jdMuseum.
i hope i grow to be half the man my grand father is.
poop.hell sideways.brigade
http://www.frightmarestudios.com

vtecdood wrote:I think why it looks weird is the front lip isnt as low. I would just go with it and try getting a more pronounced front lip maybe? It should look ok when its all painted
yeah i had the ctr lip on it prior to throwing the rear lip on but i figured it'd look kinda ghey with black side skirts, side moldings and rear lip with a champ white front lip so i threw on the sir one.

what's funny is the sir lip sits a bit lower than the ctr lip does. not by much but it's closer to the ground nonetheless. i pulled the rear lip off for now...just in case i decide to sell it...it'll still be minty fresh :cool:

.saint wrote:kids on club civic are going gaga over that rear lip. some said they are paying $600 for that rear lip!

if u paid less then $600 i would try sellin that bitch for bank! if noone bites u can always run it. ;)

its a pretty aggressive rear lip. certain colors it looks dumb from a straight on rear shot and sometimes not. the side valancers are always fresh though :thumbup: would be bad ass if u could source a legit set.
ha, yeah. you're gonna shit when you hear (read) how much i paid for it...brace yourself...grab an adult diaper or stand near a toilet...218.06 SHIPPED BNIB ahh ha ha. i saw one go for 400 on hondatech right after i posted this thread. hilarious. so yeah....i'm gonna try and find another one and flip it, the profit i make should cover a ticket i just received...or i could buy ONE used mugen rear valence and just buy an impostor for the other side

this lip looks similar to the newer special edition coupes with the ground effects. crazy ish. i think it'll look better painted, that'll be a while though. gotta get my probe (laugh out loud) running again for a daily, then finish my hatch, then start on this thing. for the record, and to save face, it's a black 95 gt 5 spd with a mazda klze motor on the way from japan...not an ugly ass base model with manual everything and a four cylinder, ugh.

Return to “exterior. engine bay. interior appearance”