96 civic ex power window question

so has anybody's power windows ever just rebel one day and stop working without provocation? here's the scenario, i pull into my garage one evening, remove my keys from the ignition, close the garage, go inside and go night night. wake up early the next morning, hop in the whip and head to work. now usually i roll my driver's side window down a tad so the windows do not fog up, nope not today. switch unresponsive. after checking the two 20 amp fuses inside the car and the 40 amp under the hood i changed the power window relay in the driver's door out with one that works and still no response. both the driver window and the passenger window don't roll down so i didn't think it was the switches....although if the driver switch didn't work the pass switch probably woudn't either because they both tie into the driver's switch(?) home boy at honda says it's wiring between the doors. however i have a feeling that if i asked "homeboy at honda" to write out his theory he'd write in cursive and spell every word wrong because he sounded incompetent. if so, why would just my power windows fail and nothing else? i haven't a clue.

questions

Has this happened to you?

How did you fix it?

Are there any other components to the power window system that i have yet to check?

Will you pick me up a number 3 with a side of nachos/cheese at taco bell?

maybe the ground or power wire pinched in the door when u shut it that night?

guessing u cant hear anything running? there is obviously no power getting to the motor. has to be a power wire or ground. have you added/removed anything recently that use power?

.saint, the honda EK parts jdMuseum.
i hope i grow to be half the man my grand father is.
poop.hell sideways.brigade
http://www.frightmarestudios.com

nope, nothin new. i actually checked to see if i had voltage at the fuse box in the car with the key on, nothin there. then i checked for voltage at the 40 amp under the hood, nothing there either...what does this all mean? it means gay. just gay.

.saint wrote:maybe the ground or power wire pinched in the door when u shut it that night?

guessing u cant hear anything running? there is obviously no power getting to the motor. has to be a power wire or ground. have you added/removed anything recently that use power?

.saint wrote:no voltage @ the fuses? or nothing wrong?
no voltage and no clue why either. it's weird that they'd just quit all of a sudden

hey i was just wondering if you figured this problem out.? i'm in the same boat as you, kinda, my drivers side window works but the passenger side is unresponsive. it was going down and we jiggled the connector and it went down and when we went to put it up it worked but when we stopped to see if it would go down it would'nt and wouldn't go back up either.

was just wondering if you figured it out or had any suggestions as to what to look at to fix the problem

ap_red97ek wrote:hey i was just wondering if you figured this problem out.? i'm in the same boat as you, kinda, my drivers side window works but the passenger side is unresponsive. it was going down and we jiggled the connector and it went down and when we went to put it up it worked but when we stopped to see if it would go down it wouldn't and wouldn't go back up either.

was just wondering if you figured it out or had any suggestions as to what to look at to fix the problem
yeah that's probably the wiring between the door and the car. pull your front bumper, pass. headlight, pass. side skirt and pass. side fender off, unplug the harness from the door and pull back the rubber boot. i bet there will be a few frayed wires in there. if that's the case i'd hit a junk yard up for a plug with 4-5 inches of wire, hack the old one off and solder the new one on...

Nikku wrote:no voltage all of a sudden? check the relay?
im stupid, you already did this. haha

Return to “exterior. engine bay. interior appearance”