mportedcivicsi's EM1

And so the ever changing EM1 transforms...
Parts list:
Interior
- Red Recaro Speed's
- Black Corbeau 4pt harnesses w/ rear quick release
- AP1 S2000 steering wheel w/ cruise control
- OEM CTR Cluster overlay
- AutoMeter Quick light shift light
- Spoon duracon shift knob (Daily)
- Karcepts weighted shift knob (Track)
- OEM CTR shift boot
- USDM "K" code fog light switch...its to hard to find/get not to mention!
- Momo Black/steel Ebrake handle
- Momo Black Ebrake boot
- US Navy digi camo uniform material headliner
- Dual overhead grab rails
- Black tweed "A, B/C" pillars
- 2001 CRV cabin filter
- 35% doors/20% rear 3 tint

Exterior:
- OEM CTR headlights w/ City Lights
- OEM CTR fogs
- Mugen style front lip molded
- OEM style rear lip molded
- Spoon SW388's 15x6.5 +35 Rront/ 15x6.5 +45 w/ 10mm spacers Rear/ 15x6.5 +45 Spare all wrapped in 205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's
- 15" Black Buddy Club P1's w/ 225/45/15 Toyo Proxes RA1's (Track)
- Spoon style side mirrors
- Honda Access visors
- OEM Honda sunroof visor
- Carbon Kevlar hood
- Sparco Hood pins
- Golden Eagle rear tow hook
- OEM "Civic" hood bra (only for road trips)

Susp.
- Tien Super Street Coilovers
- Tein EDFC
- Spoon front/rear upper tower bars
- EM Racing trunk floor bar
- Rotora slotted rotors f/r
- Hawk HPS pads f/r
- F7 LCA's
- OEM front LCA's w/ PIC bushings + compliance bushings
- HardRace front sway endlinks/bushings
- ES rear trailing arm bushings
- ASR subframe brace; Cusco blue
- Suspension Techniques 32mm sway bar
- Buddy Club P1 f/r camber kit
- Buddy Club P1 extended ball joints
- Earl's SS brake lines

Engine
- Spoon Signed valve cover (Special occasions)
- Spoon LSD
- Spoon rad hoses
- Spoon rad cap
- Spoon kevlar direct flow pipe
- Spoon thermostat
- Spoon plug wires
- Spoon kevlar plug cover
- Spoon Gen 1 Street muffler w/ A'Pexi "B" pipe
- Spoon magnetic oil/trans drain bolts
- Spoon radiator stay
- GearSpeed SS+ synchros
- Mugen fan switch
- K&N filter
- Mishimoto radiator w/ slim fan
- K-Tuned fully adjustable short throw shifter w/ PWJDM bushing kit
- KiddRacing RMF style header w/ purple haze titainium hardware
- Hasport mounts
- Purple PWJDM fender washers
- Purple PWJDM VTEC solenoid cover
- Misc. Purple hardware

I.C.E.
- Kenwood single DIN CD/DVD receiver - lower console
- 7in screen custom molded in upper console
- Pioneer speakers all around

When purchased...
Older pics...
After the latest rims...
Last edited by mportedcivicsi on October 31, 2012, edited 3 times in total.

Re: mportedcivicsi's EM1

**LONG POST WARNING**
These were supposed to go on my FBP when it came out of the shop for the 2005 show season. The entire upper interior was wrapped in black tweed and the lower was done in blue/black tweed. I had picked it all from my interior guy and then I had to go out to sea for the Navy. It came out great and I was a week from putting it in the car. When I got back from being at sea for a week the car was supposed to be ready for reassembly at the body shop and I was going to start putting the interior back into the car. As I headed to my beater after getting off the ship I saw that I had a message from the body shop and they needed me to call. Just figuring that the car wasn’t as far as we had hoped I called. Turns out that the care had been stripped of all the turbo set up, head, rims, even the c/f hood that they had to break to get into the bay...it was bad. *No the shop was not connected to this...they are like family and they sponsored the car* Anyway...since 2005 that car and all of the stuff has been sitting. I was lucky enough to find a house with a killer garage and have just stored the car. I knew the interior wouldn’t look right in the EBP and I wasn’t really into the full tweed interior anymore. But I have wondered how the pillars would look. I have been considering painting the interior panels black but just cannot bring myself to do it.

So one Sat about 4pm the wife wants to take a nap. I said that’s cool, I am going to the garage for a little while. I will come back in in about an hour to see what we are going to do. I go up in the garage attic and pull out the black tweed "A" "B/C" pillars and mock them up in the car to get an idea what they would look like. *Bumper is not going on the car, just stored in the attic*
Of course you can never get a good idea unless you actually put it together. So by 5pm this is what I have...
So then I get to thinking...I have this much taken apart I may as well put the c/f headliner in that has been sitting around since 2004. It was meant for the FBP but there are no plans to bring it back to life so it was going in the EBP anyway. (Pic of c/f headliner on pg2) It’s lucky for us sunroof guys that we have to drop the entire unit to get the sunshade out.
So by 530pm that night here is what my car looked like...And it was in for the night.

Sunday before Church I pop in the c/f sunshade and hang the sunroof unit back in the car and get the headliner secure enough to be left for the day. Only 1.5hrs of work done on Sunday.
Now there is no passenger handle, driver side garment hook, or front map light as the headliner was not cut for them. When I ordered the headliner I was not able to get a 99-00 as they only had a 96-98 in stock. I still have a dome light so I didn’t really care...I can always cut in the map light if I feel the need for one. The other parts that are light grey are being painted black to blend in with the headliner. I have to decide on what to do about the visors though...ugh. So here is where it stands today with the tweed wrapped pillars. Why paint them black when I can see them this way. If I don’t like it I have my stockers handy and can paint them if I don’t like the tweed.
The rag is there to prevent the sunshade from being damaged by the sunroof frame until the dressing is put back in place.
Now seeing that I have all of this torn apart one would think that it is a great time to replace the carpet. Just so happens that I have new carpet that I have been putting off installing. I also had purchased some JDM DB8 4dr ITR rear seats. I am sure many have heard the rumor that they “drop in” in the back of a coupe. Well I am here to tell you that they do not. This is why they have been sitting in my garage since spring 2006. You can see that the bottom of the DB8’s are cut different enough to not fit right. The metal loop brackets that snap/screw into place do not line up. The uppers are a solid back rather than a split back…not a big deal really. But you will also notice that they are a lot wider…but what should you expect coming out of a 4dr. Nothing lines up or fits on the uppers without doing some serious cutting to the interior parts. I am now selling the DB8 Seats!!!!
And I have had these harnesses forever as well. They are 3 points w/ a release in the back. I mounted the rear section and will mount the harness section when I put the interior back together. Not sure if they will stay but they do not look to bad laying on a non racing seat.

And more...

The parts that were in the way...
Carpet out!
Floor pan...yes I cleaned the crap out of it before putting carpet and plastic parts back in.
Fitting and cutting in the new carpet
Back together!
Super sweet EbayDM black CTR 5 piece mat set...pulled off the badges because they are fake and I dont own a CTR.
And the CF headliner with all black parts rather than the light gray. The sunroof dressing isnt popped out anymore its all worked into place and it is black as well. I need to touch up the black though. And the Visors are in but will come out as I am going to dye them black to match.
With the sunshade drawn...

Tried catching some light down by the ball park one eveing before the sun was all down. Didnt get what I was looking for in the way of light but had some fun and got a decent turn out on pics.
Picked up this Carbon Kevlar hood a while back and had it put up until I was able to do what I wanted to with it. Sparco hood pins and a fresh clear... :) Oh, and the hood fits better than it looks...made a couple adjustments ;)
And a couple "Booty" pics...lol

So I have been wanting to lower the car a little more but havent wanted to until I picked up a couple things to do it all at once. Parts are in and after the wife and I get back from Hawaii they will be going on. And the new winners are...F7 LCA's, Cusco Blue ASR, 22mm rear sway, Buddy Club P1 f/r camber kits...then a tweek to the Tein's and down we go just a bit. Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome. We build for ourselves so if you dont like it that is fine. I willingly accept your disliking it :)

that roof is clean and very unexpected.
I drive a Honda シビック クーペ

"We're supposed to be expressing are own artistic talent and vision through our cars, not everybody else's. Use yours to show the rest of the world who you are... i dare you." - Dru Barrios of Honda Tuning Magazine

Return to “members rides”