180SX Kouki build!

Heeeeeey hey hey :P

Okay...so as some of you may know I go through cars like nothing, and it does get kind of hard, I just haven't had one car I'm so into to keep. Not sure, must be my messed up mind?

I've always had a love for 240SX's, especially S14's. I've been looking and looking here in CO to pick up a bone stock 240 and use as a drift slut, but nothing ever showed up. So, I figured what the hell, I'll throw my roadster up and see what trades I get. I got offered a few SR swapped s13's, but they were busted up and needed a lot of exterior work. Exterior and interior cleanliness is my peeve..it has to be clean! I got offered a stock pearl white S13 hatch with rice goodies. But after I heard more about the car, I was more interested in seeing it than anything else.

After driving it, seeing it, and weighing the pro's and con's to the 240 and my Miata..the 240 came out. So, I traded straight up. I still miss the roadster, but I needed more room but I also wanted to stick to RWD...so enough with the babbling, here's the new project!

Here's some info on the car:
1991 Nissan 240sx LE (I think lol)
122k original miles
Came with ABS,VLSD, and hicas (4 wheel steering) decently rare package!
Tokiko struts
B&S springs
Complete katskin leather reapholstered interior
180SX tail lights
Greddy gauges, shift knob and exhaust
5 luuuug

Here's pictures of how the car looked when I got it.. scroll past this part if you're weak hearted O_o

So, I took it home and immediately took off the body kit. Thank the lord it was just a lip kit, so the original OEM goodies were still under there ;)

Next to my friends pearl white S13 coupe

Here's after the kit and vinyls were taken off..much better!

Last edited by Highway-Star on April 17, 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Re: 180SX Kouki build!

Then I couldn't stand the nasty 18" spiders it had for wheels, so I searched and searched, and found some OEM s14 wheels with good tires from a friend, and also slapped on some spare 8mm spacers I had laying around

A few other pics:

The car came with an Injen intake with some awesome red hoses...so I replaced that first haha.
Before:

After:
Last edited by Highway-Star on April 17, 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Then I bought some OEM 180SX parts from jap land..just got them in today
Update:
OEM Nissan optional rear finish panel for the 180SX tails.

Mockup with electrical tape lol

Then I got my OEM 180SX rear valences..

Last edited by Highway-Star on April 17, 2011, edited 1 time in total.

OKAY. I got it to work...sort of lol. I just edited little by little and it let me. It just gave me a random error screen if I posted more than a few pics so I just spaced them out. I guess that works lol?

Anyways, OEM 180SX rear spoiler will be here on Monday or Tuesday, Nismo knob will be here hopefully this coming week.

OEM 180SX Kouki side skirts and 180SX front end will be ordered this coming week too, along with coilovers!
Last edited by Highway-Star on April 17, 2011, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “members rides”