Re: 180SX Kouki build!

Mannnn, it's been wayy too long since I've posted here. I hope everyone's doing well! I'll be checking out everyones updates soon enough, figure I'll go ahead and update this however.

Alright, well since that photoshoot a lot has happened. I finally got settled into my new house, and started on my main build up. First off, I decided it was a good idea to get a decent reliable turbo build for the KA. I also apologize about the instagram pics coming, can't find originals lol.

Some goodies:

Then, decided fuck that lets just go SR. I do like KA's in a sense, but I got a great deal on an SR so I sold everything and swapped on over. But in that time, I sold the RPF1's and bought some Blitz 03's to be rebarreled.

During transit, they lost 1 of the 03's. No insurance, no nothing. So then I had (2) 17" 03's and (1) 18" 03. Decided screw trying to find one more 18" 03, and I traded the two 17" 03's for some Gramlight 57D's.

Then, a fire happened in Colorado Springs which caused chaos throughout the city, not to mention it was about 10 minutes away from my work.
Here was the fire the day before it entered colorado springs, this is the view from my work.

And here's the picture the next day:

Then, smart me decided "hey, lets go see it up close!"

Luckily, got out with no harm done and no real damage to the city other than a few houses.

Back to the build. I got a set of 4 03 replica wheels as spares

Went to a buddies first drift event with his Silvia, here's a few pics:

Got myself a new exhaust

Got a Buddy Club rail and a bride seat

Finally picked up my SR

Started cleaning it up and buying mods, IE: oil pan, intake mani, etc.

Pushed the car out for a quick cleaning with my buddies Silvia

4 car garage ftw

Then I tore apart the SR to check for any damage, and yeah, sure enough, spun rod bearing. So bad the crank was trashed along with the rod and cap. So, I said screw that, lets build this bitch.
Damage:

And the final progress:
Got myself a new SR radiator and GP Sports cooling panel

Digital S13 cluster with HUD

Bought some Equips also, just hangin out with my other parts. New gaskets, SPEC clutch, Eagle Rods/CP Pistons, bearings, crank, downpipe, etc etc.

Even more equips... (i have 6 equips total now lol)

BC cams

And thats basically where I am today. The block is getting ready to head to the machine shop for a good cleaning and honing. I will update you guys as I progress in the build!

Oh, while doing this I've been playing with my daily drivers. Here's all my dailies I've had in the past few months haha.
Here was my '00 HX. Bought a legit CTR front clip for it and little interior bits.

Ended up trading it for a DB8 that was all 'herrafrushbreh'
Here was the car when I got it:

Then after a month or so, had it looking like this:

Basically got wheels, mudguards, db8 visors, DB8 ITR spoiler, etc.

Traded the DB8 for a CX hatch and an EK hatch with a built motor
Here was the EK, a bit rough

And the CX after a few mods of my own (was bone stock when I got it)

Sold the EK, sold the motor, then traded the CX for my current daily, which is a b20B powered EJ1

Thats where I am! Sorry for all the pics haha :P

180SX Kouki build!

Damn ill say you have been busy!

I been busy deleting spam from the forum and my inbox. Haven't touched my civic in over 3 years. Still sitting under a car cover in shambles.

Keep up the good work. Always loved seeing updates of your builds. Hope ya stick around for awhile :thumbup:
.saint, the honda EK parts jdMuseum.
i hope i grow to be half the man my grandfather was.
poop.hell sideways.brigade
http://www.fright.house

.saint wrote:Damn ill say you have been busy!

I been busy deleting spam from the forum and my inbox. Haven't touched my civic in over 3 years. Still sitting under a car cover in shambles.

Keep up the good work. Always loved seeing updates of your builds. Hope ya stick around for awhile :thumbup:
Thanks a lot man, appreciated! Any reason why you haven't touched your Civic in over 3 years? I love that thing! I'll stick around, lots of work lately so I'll try and hop on when I can to update you guys.
77 wrote:Kevlar RPS13 is classic.
That it is ;)
boostjunkie95 wrote:Holy cats! I think you change daily's more frequently then I change undies lol. The 240 is looking great, diggin the Gram Lights the most. White on white like a boss like Rick Ross!
Haha, I love changing it up, especially when I drive 50-75 miles a day. I'm now considering selling the Civic and putting a down payment on something AWD such as an Evo or Sti. I need something that does good in snow (Colorado) and something that has room, power, and just fun to drive. We'll see though!

I got some new Apexi coils which put me a lot lower, so I'm excited about that. I'll have my Z32 rotors and AP lines in today so my Z32 calipers can finally be put on. More pics later!

Oh I hear ya man. I bought a house also, I need to quit it with my cars but my main focus is to get it running. Can't wait for my tax returns though, all going into my house!

On another note, I traded my Civic daily yet again. I know, I need to stop. But shit, hopefully you guys don't blame me for this one.

I traded my B20 EJ1 for a '90 RX7 FC3 S5 with 62k original miles! All power options, just has a little hail damage on the hood.

Its a blast! Slower than piss but it's super fun.

Return to “members rides”