Re: The new SF5 DD

Just scooped some Cusco Zero-1 coilovers Sunday, they've been sitting in dudes garage for almost 5 years so they're a little rough, but the price was worth the effort to restore. I got all the collars free, all the camber bolts came out without breaking, dampers rebound and have plenty of resistance, and I got some new dust boots coming from Cusco (6-8 weeks from Japan). All thats left is to break the bottom portion of the struts (where they mount to the vehicle) free, gonna take them to work where I can actually use a vice, the floor in the garage isnt working for me haha.

Starting the teardown:

Soaking in Coke to break rust free:

Camber plates before and after cleaning up:

Prepping for paint:

Also got some HIDs a couple weeks ago, Xentec 35w bi-xenon for the headlights (they're suppost to be 5000k, but they look like 6000k to me, eBay, meh). And got the fogs, Xentec 35w 6000k, for free from a buddy.

tenchu wrote:Aaaand she's dead. Got rear ended last week and they declared it a total loss yesterday. On the hunt for a replacement.
That sucks, good luck with your search.
ICarFriends!
.saint wrote:77 knows all. he is so wise.

77 wrote:Flat-towed new car with totaled car.
Classic Tenchu.
Yerp. 327 mile flat tow to be exact. My totalled Forester is still strong as fawk, "new" Forester is mint inside/out but has bad head gaskets. "new" is also 5MT whereas old is auto. So, yeah, flat tow home, fix, and part out old :)

Return to “members rides”