My 2011 Mazdaspeed3

Bought the car on May 22nd, 2011. I sold the Acura in April of 2011 and my beater car was really starting to fall apart. I wanted to wait another year but couldn't. I got the tech package (only factory option) which included advanced keyless entry, rain sensing wipers, bi-xenon HIDs that steer around corners, sirius radio and a few other cool things.

Car was 24445$ so out the door was 26200$. I felt like this was a stellar deal considering my insurance went down almost 300$/year compared to the Acura and the car was 6 years newer. Picked the car up with 22 miles on it.

This is basically what it looked like when I picked it up.

First real mods were:
Cobb SF short ram intake
Cobb SF turbo inlet pipe
Cobb Accessport

Next I bought an OBX test pipe. Car was making 270/300 on virtual dyno.

Re: My 2011 Mazdaspeed3

In February I finally bought Autotech High Pressure Fuel Pump internals and an ebay one-piece downpipe. Tuner was able to get me just shy of 290whp/335wtq on 93 octane.

Last edited by robry on May 03, 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Re: My 2011 Mazdaspeed3

And last Saturday, I asked my tuner to send me an e85 revision of my map, 21.5psi targeted and 18° of timing at redline. Car made 315whp/344wtq on Innovative Motorworks Dynapack dyno. For reference, my buddy's 370z went right before me, he made 319/252. He was tuned a few weeks ago on a mustang dyno, and made 320/256. I think they told me they're latest dyno calibration puts them right in line with a mustang dyno as far as numbers go. Car is super impressive though, pulls extremely good! Looking to upgrade the stock tiny TMIC to prevent any heatsoak issues this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAta2Fuo93Q

Return to “members rides”