Re: After all this time.... Zero's build BEGINS!!!!

sorry for the late posts and all. online school is a pain.

got a shot of the OEM ITR header i bought. it has some damage mostlikely from someone hitting the bottom of the header at a high speed. the plan is to Thermo wrap and slap the OEM heat shields on to both help with the damage and hide it from on lookers. I got it for $260 when they usually go for $400+ so im not really concerned with the damage. I'm just an OEM whore who likes certain things to be OEM. Besides its not like im trying to build a super motor with 300+ hp, i just want around 200hp N/A.

I drive a Honda シビック クーペ

"We're supposed to be expressing are own artistic talent and vision through our cars, not everybody else's. Use yours to show the rest of the world who you are... i dare you." - Dru Barrios of Honda Tuning Magazine

Re: After all this time.... Zero's build BEGINS!!!!

So... my car has been acting crappy during acceleration for a while now. Not too long ago i was informed that one of my 15x7 TE37s had a bend in it. they balanced it anyways and i drove it like that for a while. i got tired of the shakeing and decided id rotate the tires to the rear. low and behold i have camber wear on those rear tires... yay.

while i was doing this whole thing i figured i would take a look at my V2 since i knew it was rubbing the transmission torque mount... just as i expected i had wonderful hole from where the mount rubbed into the aluminum intake arm... SO i took that little bend off and did some red neck fixing. i had a new ankle wrap sitting around so i figured why not. wrapped the whole intake bend, its a seperate piece from the filter and the other part of the intake. then took some silver duct tape and wrapped it a few times over that.

installed everything and wiped down the car then went and got food...

:dodgy: just as i expected the car felt smoother with that rim in the back and it was the cause of the vibration... also the cars motor seemed alittle more healthy probably since i fixed that.

So... now i need to save up some cash and im going back to a AEM CAI V1 instead of this ITR V2. I also need to find out how to get my TE37s unbent cause its one of the good rims that doesnt have alot of paint chips and abuse...

definately a WTF moment....

here is a before and after...

Its a good temp fix but thats about it.

Return to “members rides”